That Damned Photograph

Thinking! Thinking!
As I ponder into an unknown realm, I am not sure which realm.
I close my eyes, I see nothing. 
The nothingness makes me empty. 
I don't know what I am here for, the stress from the confusion is excruciating. 
The rapid sense of trance that is generated makes me wonder - if anyone feels how I do.
I close my eyes I see that incident right in front of me. 

These are kids for God’s sake, and eating from a pile of dumped garbage ...
I am not sure what menial value these kids have on this face of the earth.
They are our future and they lead, nothing better than the life of a cur. 

Yet we close our eyes. 

Well, I don't know about others but I do it, and I damn well admit that I do, and go my way. 
I feel so helpless and now, it is regret, for having just snapped that photo and going ahead? I don't blame others, how can others change if I don't. 
If only, that day, instead of just snapping, I would have done something.
If only, I could go back. 

I don't know how people smile, Hell! I don't know how I smile. 
Am I faking it, I am not sure.
I wish I had enough power to set things right.
To do something which would change the life of these kids. 
know all this talk is in vain and it shall never be able to redress
What is done is done!

Comments